What is it about watching the birds outside my window that is so fascinating to me? I have this holiday bird feeder on my deck (yes, I know it's April) and just when I was contemplating putting it away til next year I noticed a cute little couple darting in and out with construction material for a new home. As you can see this is a St. Francis wannabe Santa bird
feeder. Check out the little bird in his hand. The not real one. On his lap sits a little bag where the birdseed would go. Well, not long ago water froze in the bottom of that little bag and the bottom broke out. That left a nice little hole where the newlyweds could set up housekeeping. So for three days straight Mr. and Mrs. Wren worked like nothing I've seen, bringing every little scrap of nature bits they could carry to pack down in this hollow space. It is just amazing. I am thinking that the poor birds didn't realize just how deep the hole was and what it was going to take to fill it up. I've been watching for eggs to appear but have not seen any as of yet. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen the birds in several days. I hope they stick around.
Matthew 6:26-27 says:
26: Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Ar
e you not worth much more than they? 27:"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
So to answer my own question at the beginning of this post...birds keep me from worry. And these days that is a good thing.
If it makes you feel any better... we still have the majority of our Santas out also
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds! I hate to sound ignorant, but those are wrens? So pretty! They don't seem to care that it's a santa and not a garden gnome or saint. I hope they come back, maybe they've gone on vacation after completing the construction.
ReplyDeleteHey, I've seen a hoop van around Venice a few times. I couldn't get to my camera fast enough to take a pic, but I think the logo on it was "hoopnotic" or something? It said 'as featured in Vogue'.
You're such a trendsetter!
Keep up the good posts!
I love watching birds too. Every year some finches make nests in our ferns that hang on our porch. The ferns get nasty after a time with poop etc...but it is so fun to see them. I love the St. Francis wanna-be santa!
ReplyDeleteSo he's not really Santa Claus; he's really Saint Francis -- or en espanol: San Francisco. So it's nice that you can see San Francisco out your back window.
ReplyDelete