Sunday, March 29, 2009

Why am I blogging?

I just don't know that I know the answer to that question yet but as time goes by perhaps that reason may be revealed to me. I have been sitting on this ball (I sit on a green exercise ball at my 'computee' (as Alan (my favorite (and only) son would say) quite a while today trying to think up some clever name that would reflect what I plan to blahblahblog about, but since I have no clue, the name that stands is the best I can do for now. It did not come easy, however.
I did have another one.
"Optasomo."
That was going to stand for "Other people's thoughts and some of my own." Being a quote- aholic, no doubt I will be posting many of my favorite quotes here and there or when I can't think of anything nice to say. But Optasomo looked and sounded kind of funny to me so that was rejected. Then I spent some time googling around looking at other blog names for inspiration but to no avail. I have to say there are so many really good ones out there. (See my list of blogs I read now and then) Anyway, Susanishness is what it is. Adding suffixes to names first got started for me by my favorite and only daughter, Claire, when she would email me or send me a card with momish or momishness written on it. That has just stuck with me. I decided to add some suffixes to my first name and liked it. So now just what does Susanishness mean? Well, hhmmm. Let's give it a shot.

The suffix -ish usually indicates approximation.
The suffix -ness is added at the end of an adjective to indicate the state, condition, quality or degree of something.

Susanishness: /suze-an-ish-nis/
Being Susan to a great degree and sometimes just approximately.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you two were up early this morning! Thanks for dropping in here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the definition at the end. I also have had a hard time coming up with a blog name... obviously. Best wishes-- I look forward to reading. ps. the oreo brownies are heaven.

    ReplyDelete