On Friday October 23rd I was at my kitchen table thinking about my dear friend's only daughter's wedding I would be attending in a few hours when I noticed this gorgeous Monarch butterfly dipping into the blooms of a pot marigolds on my back deck. Of course I couldn't resist the opportunity to photograph this amazing thing of beauty. I was thinking about how Monarchs are often released at weddings in lieu of throwing rice or other traditions and so I did a little research (Googled, of course) and learned that there is a sweet Native American legend associated with the Monarch.
"If anyone desires a wish to come true, they must first capture a butterfly and whisper that wish to it. Since they make no sound, they can't tell the wish to anyone but the Great Spirit. So by making a wish and releasing the butterfly, it will be taken to the heavens and be granted."
In "capturing" the Monarch on my camera and "releasing" it on my blog here I send out all the best wishes to the bride and groom for a wonderful married life together, full of much love and lots of laughs along the way.
welcome back to blog world! Missed you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures!
hi stranger! Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteYou've taken a huge leap forward in your photography skills. These are magnificent!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! I also wish that my marigolds looked that good!
ReplyDeletebeautiful pics...:)
ReplyDeleteThese photos are really fantastic...
ReplyDeleteI came here as I am your namesake. Was wondering about the 'susanishness.' Hmmm now how can two Susans share a 'susanishness?' What happened to the blog? No entries after October.
ReplyDeleteJoy always,
Susan