Monday, June 8, 2009

The Gift of the Gulf

What a beautiful sight it is, the water of the Gulf of Mexico in the panhandle of sunny Florida. It was a spontaneous decision we made to pack up and head to the beach for a few days. What a gift. It never ceases to amaze me just how incredible the sand feels when I first venture out on to it after such a long time away. I can almost feel my heart slow down and my body relax with every step. The water moving to and from the shore has just got to be one of the most soothing I have ever heard and watching the waves is the best meditation. Walking along the edge of the shoreline while gazing out at the endless span of spectacularly beautiful colored water brings me such a feeling of wonder and gratitude for the gift of nature and the magnificence and significance of life. What a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment